Foundation date 1998
In 1998 Moldova Stock Exchange established National Securities Depository (NSD) – not-for-profit closed joint-stock company.
- Decree of the
State Securities Market Commission No. 73/2 dated 08.12.1997 "On approval of framework of Central securities depository of the Republic of Moldova”;
- Decree of the State Securities Market Commission No. 3/2 dated 12.02.1998 "On approval of Decree on activities and licensing of the National Securities Depository”;
- Law “On joint-stock companies” No. 134-ХIII dated 02.04.1997;
- Law “On securities market” No. 199-ХIV dated 18.11.1998;
NSD shareholders are 32 companies, each owning only one NSD share.
- Depository activities;
- Clearing and settlement;
- Mitigation of risks of losing ownership rights;
- Eliminating non-execution of obligations on securities trades.
Co-founder and full member of the Association of Eurasian Central Securities Depositories (AECSD).